Requirements: Cisco VoIP phones have a maximum Extension Secret/Password length of 16 characters (If a longer password is used, the phone will not register)
- create extension for phone in freePBX:
- Applications > Extensions > Add Extension > New CHAN_SIP
- User Extension: ext number
- Display Name: ext number
- Outbound CID: 10-digit phone number associated
- Secret: 6db374ec03a6a3c5
- Click “Advanced”.
- NAT Mode: Yes
- Transport: All - TCP Primary
- Click “Submit”.
- Click “Apply Config” (Red button on top-right).
- Add external IP range to firewall port 69:
- create SEP[MAC ADDRESS].cnf.xml file for phone MAC address.
- Create phone config file.
- Open SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml in notepad.
- Edit > Replace
- PASTETEXT with the extension number
- PASTESECRET with the secret
- Save file as SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml, replacing macaddress with the device’s actual MAC address with no spaces or dashes.
- set phone tftp address to tftp.aisclients.com or the associated public IP.
- reset phone to factory default if needed.
- If desired to have an outside line route directly to the phone, do the following on FreePBX Inbound Routing: advanced
- Signal ringing: yes
- Force answer: yes
- Sometimes the factory reset procedure needs to be performed more than once.
- 79x0 phones need firmware image name specified in SIPmacaddress.cnf file
- All 79xx phones need chan_sip enabled on Extension and configured for port 5160.
- All other phone models use chan_pjsip on port 5060.
- If having issues with 79x2 phone, check if it has a sticker on the bottom that indicates a “Must use” firmware version. Some indicate “S/W: Must use 9.3(1)SR1 or above”.
Note: You may need to make the following changes on the external pfSense firewall if the phones are unable to provision via TFTP.
- System > Advanced > Firewall & NAT > TFTP Proxy on LAN interface
- Create Manual Outbound Nat Rule. Interface: WAN, Source: Local Subnet, Source Port: UDP, Destination Port 69. Static Port checked.